Aha! yes - I did forget to add network transparency. I'll get right on it. David Faure wrote: > > On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 09:18:05PM +0200, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote: > > Package: khtml > > Version: 3.0 (KDE 1.90 Beta >= 20000531) > > Severity: normal > > > > Hi! > > may be related to bug 3829 > > automatic downloading works (but without telling me which file and which location-we have discussed this already) > Have we ? :) > > > it opens ark, shows the files. > > BUT no way to extract them. (BTW ark works, if I download the file manually) > > So I was looking for the file somewhere in .kde directory -, nothing to find. > > I assume that the temporary file is deleted after opend by ark, and ark can not > > extract any data, because the file has gone > Doh! I didn't realise that, when I posted about kfmexec and KUniqueApplication. > Damn. I think that ark should have support for network transparency by itself, > like many other KDE applications, and this would solve the problem. > > An app should be either a plain command-line app that exits after quitting, > handling network transparency or not, _or_ a KUniqueApplication (single instance, > kind of a server app) that can handle network transparency. > A KUniqueApplication that doesn't handle network transparency is meant to break > such things. > > Forwarded to Emily - please consider this a wishlist item for ark : > that it uses KIO::NetAccess to be network transparent, and when that's done, that > it says %u (one URL) or %U (multiple URLs) in its desktop file (Exec line), so that > kfmexec isn't used at all. > > The other wish would be a Save As option, to save a copy of the full archive > somewhere else. > > Thanks ! > > -- > David FAURE, david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org > http://home.clara.net/faure/ > KDE, Making The Future of Computing Available Today > See http://www.kde.org/kde1-and-kde2.html for how to set up KDE 2 -- Emily Ezust, emilye@corel.com Corel Corporation (613)728-0826, x 5936