On Mon, 29 May 2000, Waldo Bastian wrote: > Hiya, > > I would like to change the io-slave interface to use KURL instead of path & > query pairs. This change allows us to solve problems with non-ascii paths > with unknown encodings. Since we don't know the encoding of these paths it is > impossible to convert them to unicode reliable, so we can't pass them in a > QString. This problem is solvable within the KURL class, but for that we must > make sure to pass the URL around. > > This change involves changing _ALL_ io-slaves so I hope that no one is > currently working on big changes in his/her io-slave. If you do, please let > me know ASAP. > > Make sure to yell if you have objections to this change. Otherwise I will > commit my changes wednesday. Hmmm... I thought the use of KURL in the io-slaves was avoided because it slowed them down considerably ? Regards, Dawit A.