List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    strange crash
From:       Lars Knoll <Lars.Knoll () mpi-hd ! mpg ! de>
Date:       2000-05-05 15:17:20

Hi,

I'm getting some strange (reproducible) crash in konqueror.

Try the following: start konqueror, then enter slashdot.org
into the location bar.
After loading of the page wait until the message
kdecore (KLibLoader): closing library libkonqiconview
appears, and the enter spiegel.de into the location bar.

It's not related to the URLs as far as I could tell. Everything works
fine, if I enter the second URL before libkonqiconview is closed.

I've attached a log of the session and a gdb backtrace. It doesn't tell me
much, except that konqueror tries to access some dlopened lib. My guess is
that it for some reason tries to access a method in the closed down
iconview lib.

Anyone an idea?

Cheers,
Lars

(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/knoll/kde/bin/konqueror
Qt: gdb: -nograb added to command-line options.
         Use the -dograb option to enforce grabbing.
QGDict::hashStringKey: Invalid null key
kdecore (KLibLoader): library=libkonqsearcher: No file names
libkonqsearcher.lafound in paths.
kparts: MainWindow::createGUI for 0L
konqueror: Instance konqiconview has no about data
kparts: MainWindow::createGUI for child view
kparts: ReadOnlyPart::guiActivateEvent -> file:/home/knoll
konqueror: KonqViewManager(0x808eb58)::chooseNextView(0x80fbe78)
konqueror: slotPartActivated: setting location bar url to file:/home/knoll
konqueror: KonqKfmIconView completed()
konqueror: Instance kshorturifilter has no about data
konqueror: Instance kuriikwsfilter has no about data
KonqKfmIconView::stop()
kparts: Part child view removed
kparts: MainWindow::createGUI for 0L
kparts: deactivating GUI for child view
kparts: MainWindow::createGUI for child view
konqueror: KonqViewManager(0x808eb58)::chooseNextView(0x80fbe78)
konqueror: slotPartActivated: setting location bar url to
http://slashdot.org
kdecore (KProtocolManager): ERROR: Protocol  not found
kparts: WARNING: Part child view must have at least a ClickFocus
policy. Prepare for trouble !
kparts: deleting widget [KonqIconViewWidget pointer (0x8104cc8) to widget
qiconview, geometry=700x384+0+0] qiconview
kdecore (KLibLoader): KLibrary: shutdown timer started!
khtml: INIT HTML Codec name= ISO 8859-1
konqueror: unknown entity min, len = 3
konqueror: unknown entity mode, len = 4
konqueror: unknown entity issue, len = 5
konqueror: unknown entity mode, len = 4
konqueror: unknown entity mode, len = 4
konqueror: unknown entity mode, len = 4
kdecore (KLibLoader): closing library libkonqiconview

QValueList<int>::QValueList (this=0xbffff484, l=@0x814d150)
    at /home/knoll/qt-copy/include/qvaluelist.h:309
309         QValueList( const QValueList<T>& l ) { sh = l.sh; sh->ref(); }
Current language:  auto; currently c++
(gdb) bt
#0  QValueList<int>::QValueList (this=0xbffff484, l=@0x814d150)
    at /home/knoll/qt-copy/include/qvaluelist.h:309
Cannot access memory at address 0x40bdc170.
(gdb)