List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: KFM->Konqi(.kde.html feature)
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-05-03 7:31:55

> .kde.html feature in konqy?
>
> Hi,
> I used the .kde.html feaure in konqy to have a nice little application
> shell where this file got generated on the fly. kfm defined tags like
> <file type=*.c> which allowed for classification. Is this feature still
> available?

Alas no, at least not at the moment. konqueror uses a real icon widget
(whereas kfm used HTML for rendering icon directories) so it's a lot
faster (and you can move the icons) but you can't put HTML tags into it.
An equivalent feature, though, is the object (or embed?) tag of HTML.
Simon or Lars, how does that work ? Can it embed the icon view already ?
If yes, I guess the filter functionality is still lacking anyway.

Thanks for the mail - it's impressive to see how many people know about
that (mostly undocumented) feature of kfm ;-)

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org