List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: dot-files on -> off -> crash
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       2000-05-01 9:14:32

On Sun, Apr 30, 2000 at 11:53:28PM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:

Hi,

> Hmm, somehow I feel I should ask this question: did you some timing, how
> much time you lose?

kfile is not merged yet, it's currently just kfile stuff going into
konqi. I.e. kfile is still the same, just libkonq and some KDirLister,
KFileItem etc. are more generic and better to extend. This also adds some
features to konqi (e.g. filtering) which were lacking up to now.

Some of konqi's and kfile's classes are quite similar
(i.e. KFile[View]Item, KDirLister <-> KFileReader, so it would be bad not
to merge those, so all those speed-hacks can be used in konqi as well. I'm
concentrating on keeping everything working for now, so e.g. the
chdir() hack will come later.

Somehow I knew you would ask ;)

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer