List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    configurable columns for konqy listview
From:       aleXXX <alexander.neundorf () rz ! tu-ilmenau ! de>
Date:       2000-04-27 20:31:05

Hi,

I'm just beginning again to implement the configurable columns, somewhat
protocol dependant.
A default set of columns, if something isn't supported by a protocol, hide the
column and disable the item in the menu.
One thing I don't know exactly what is better, wether the columns have a fixed
order, e.g. size is 2nd column and disabling and enabling it again would insert
this column, well, as second one.
pro: simpler to use
con: order of columns not configurable

2nd idea:
enabling a column appends it after the other already enabled columns.
pro: order of columns configurable
con: much more work for the user to insert a column e.g. as 2nd, this would
mean disabling all except the first one and then enabling them all again.

A configuration dialog for this would be to much IMO.

Better ideas ?

Bye
Alex