List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    feature request: null ascii bindings while in text field
From:       Shalrath <irondragon () gci ! net>
Date:       2000-04-27 6:45:39

This may seem odd..
I would like for kde to automatically nullify any keybindings I have to the
ASCII keyset while my focus is in a text input field.

Case in point:  in konqueror, I bound backspace to 'go up a directory' and
delete to  *drumroll*....   delete a file.   Now I cant delete text in a form
or the URL box.  My solution to get around this would be to nullify any
bindings that dealt with text input (just the ASCII keyset) while your focus is
on a text input field of any kind.  bindings starting with ctrl or alt could be
ignored, since people wont ever type text prefixed with the aforementioned meta
keys.

Another idea:  use shift-tab to return the focus to the main window.  Tab
cycles through fields, while shift-tab returns the focus to the parent window.

Any thoughts?

Jason