List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: khtml rendering error
From:       Lars Knoll <Lars.Knoll () mpi-hd ! mpg ! de>
Date:       2000-04-26 9:11:53

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, Per Wigren wrote:

> KHtml doesn't put a link in the following code:

>   <li>Link</li>
> </a>
>
> I know it's bad html but I've seen it a couple of times....

Sorry. I don't think we'll support that. khtml is supporting a lot of bad
html, but this one is IMO really hard to do as <li> is a block level
element, and <a> an inline one. If we would let these constructs pass
through we'd get just too many parsing/rendering problems at other places.

The right fix is to send a mail to the webmaster of the site telling him
he's using bad html ;-)

> Also, if you "view document source" and press back konqueror freezes...

I heard rumours that this is fixed in the newest CVS ;-)

Cheers,
Lars