List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Random ideas and thoughts
From:       Chris Lee <nytehorse () inficad ! com>
Date:       2000-04-25 5:13:38

Hey, everybody...

I'm going to take another look at the the KParts tutorial and I'm going
to see about writing a bit of a wrapper to add some buttons to
KPresenter presentations that are viewed in the Konqueror. Who here
doesn't think that it would be incredibly useful to be able to run an
entire presentation simply by knowing the location of the .kpr file on
the web? All that you'd have to know is where it is, download it and
view it in the Konqueror, and start the slideshow... regardless of
whether or not others find it useful, I'll probably hack it out on my
own. Anybody else interested should reply to this, as I have little
experience with KDE/Qt programming.

Next on the list: I would like to congratulate everyone involved with
Konqueror development, because I sat down and just used it to surf.
Cookies worked right on Slashdot; on Linux.com, fonts resized like a
dream; the pages all looked fine (except for http://www.be.com/. for
some reason kHTML doesn't like it...) and the entire experience was very
nice. I'm extremely excited as to how the end users are going to feel
when they get ahold of this desktop... it's incredibly cool.

I also started wondering about the Linux-framebuffer version of Qt that
Troll Tech is developing. Can anybody tell me exactly how easily KDE
will be ported to it? How much does KDE rely upon X, and how little of
that code do you guys believe will be portable to the new Qt? I'm very
excited personally because I think that framebuffer Qt with KDE could
make a *killer* handheld device. PocketPC what? : )

That's about it, for now, at least. Thanks for listening to me ramble.

-Chris