List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: HTML forms
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () suse ! de>
Date:       2000-04-11 19:46:41

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, David Faure wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 11, 2000 at 11:23:04AM -0700, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Dirk A . Mueller wrote:
> > > BTW, the http cache is still terrible broken. Do you intend to fix it?
> >
> > What is broken about it?
>
> IIRC reload doesn't work, it always uses the cache.

Reload did work, but it didn't update the cache. So the next time you still
got the old one. Fixed.

If there is anything else let me know.

We do need a way to cache non-cachable pages in the history btw:
E.g.If you order a book, a HTTP_POST is send out and you get a page back
saying "thank you very much". If later, you go through the history, you would
like to get this "thank you very much" page again. However, the http_cache
doesn't cache it (it shouldn't) and you don't want to resend the request
(because then you would get two books :-). Netscape sometimes gives you this
"Item has expired form the cache" page in cases like this. (I assume it
stores pages like this in a short-term memory cache)

Cheers,
Waldo