List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Gecko
From:       Lars Knoll <Lars.Knoll () mpi-hd ! mpg ! de>
Date:       2000-04-10 15:05:26

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Mukhsein Johari wrote:

> > Anyway, it works nicely in khtml since two weeks :-)
> >
> > Lars
>
> It's just like you, Lars, to complain about how difficult something is
> to do and then say:
> "Anyway, it works nicely in khtml now"! :-)

Hehe... Actually I wasn't complaining :-)
But it would have been impossible to add BiDi to the codebase we had in
December. Only the complete rewrite of our rendering engine in the last
months and that I took care to add BiDi support to the engine from the
beginning made it quite easy to integrate. The mozilla people haven't
done so, and thats why I say they'll have a really hard time integrating
BiDi support.

Cheers,
Lars