List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Gecko
From:       Mukhsein Johari <arashi1 () pd ! jaring ! my>
Date:       2000-04-09 8:15:32

> Unicode yes, BiDi no. They have some screenshots, but if you can read
> arabic or hebrew, you'll notice, that all they do is reverse single
> words. They don't reverse the ordering of the words. So it would be like
> reading a sentence lke the following in english:
> .car a is This

Hmm? How can this be? Isn't the word order dependent on how the file was
'written'? Also, since you have _whole_ words displayed correctly,
wouldn't the reversal of word order be trivial?

> Not really what one wants, and I'm pretty sure there wont be any real
> BiDi support in Netscape-6.

You're probably right. So, what's bidi support like in Konqueror?

> > One question, what's XML support like in Konqy? I've not heard nor read
> > much about it...
>
> Most of the framework is there. We would just need someone to glue
> things together.

Really? Could a two-bit hacker wannabe tackle the task? I've never gone
too much further than "hello world" in KDE devel. Also, how does one
develop for KDE 2 while one is using KDE 1.1.2?

While I'm on this track, I'm also interested to help with javascript
support in konqueror - which of the above two task is more difficult? I
should probably cut my teeth with the easier of the two.