List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: html speed (Re: Gecko)
From:       Antti Koivisto <koivisto () iki ! fi>
Date:       2000-04-09 2:03:13

> Netscape (4.72) renders it without any noticable speed problems. Looks like
> konqy has some trouble getting the layout figured out.

Not really. Khtml's layouting is generally very fast. You can see pure
layouting speed by the resizing window.

Parsing, however, is not terribly fast but that is rarely a problem.
Slowness you saw with that page was caused by doing too much
relayting/repainting during parsing. I did some tweaking, and now things
should be better (it renders in ~2 seconds, in my machine now).

  ak