List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: html speed (Re: Gecko)
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () suse ! de>
Date:       2000-04-06 23:06:30

On Thu, 06 Apr 2000, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> I don't want to spoil the fun but a slashdot article with comments takes
> ages (10 min?) to load with konqueror. (Pentium 500 + modem at 44000 bps)
>
> I think the problem is in the layout calculation. Once everything is loaded,
> scrolling is fast.
>
> Cheers,
> Waldo

Hmm... this isn't accurate. Most slashdot articles render actually quite fast.
Just the interview with that GNOME guy the other day slows konqy down to a
crawl. Maybe Konqy isn't motivated to render it.

Netscape (4.72) renders it without any noticable speed problems. Looks like
konqy has some trouble getting the layout figured out.

Cheers,
Waldo