List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: "reload" in popup
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-04-06 15:51:29

On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 06:16:19PM +0200, Simon Hausmann wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, David Faure wrote:

> > > Yes, that's a good point.
> > >
> > > Well, the real reason why I'm asking is:
> > > - Netscape and IE have it ;-)
> >
> > Right - interesting, IE's is even bigger, but Netscape's is very small :)
> >
> > We could perhaps remove other things, at least when showing HTML.
> >
> > Let's compare :
> >
> > Netscape has
> > Back/Forward/Reload/Stop | View Source/View Info | Add Bookmark/Create Shortcut/Send Page
> >
> > IE has
> > Back/Forward | Save Background As/Set as Wallpaper/Copy background |
> > Select All/Paste | Create Shortcut/Add To Favorites/View Source |
> > Encoding submenu | Print/Refresh | Properties
> >
> > Wow ;-)
> >
> > Now you can compare with what we have in konq (in html mode),
> > or I'll do it at home... This could lead to some interesting ideas
> > on how to remove / add / implement :-)
>
> Ok, for an html document in Konqueror we have:
>
> New (with submenu) | Up/Back/Forward | New View | Cut | Copy | Add To
> Bookmarks | Preview in khtml ;-) | Netscape (as service) | Edit File Type
> | Properties
>
> Ideas? :-)

* We should remove the new menu in this case... makes no sense (protocol doesn't support put/copy)
* Cut shouldn't be there (protocol doesn't support del)
* Preview in khtml shouldn't be there (forgot to check for current part !) :)
* Add whatever you want, it's not that big ;-) (Reload and reload frame especially)
* We could add stop and/or view source, like Netscape.
* Those two giants in the browser world :) feature "create shortcut" which
creates a link on the desktop. Sounds like something we should do ?

I'll have a look at what among this is feasible whenever I find some time :)
(2005?)

> > > - I'm thinking about adding "Reload Frame" in khtml_part's popupmenu, and
> > >   I guess for consistency a normal "Reload Document" would make sense
> > >   (as reloading one specific frame isn't possible currently, and
> > >    I don't like implementing it in View->Reload Frame, as IMHO it's
> > >    sometimes hard to see which frame is selected, whereas in a popupmenu
> > >    it's obvious :-)
> > Sounds good, indeed !

> > > ;-) true
> >
> > ... for 2.1, with Kurt's menu editor. :)
>
> Hehe
> He's not subscribed, is he? ;-)

Dunno, but see his post on kde-cvs about KDE 2.1 / 3.0 ;-)

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org