List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: keyboard traversal of links
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2000-04-06 13:57:17

Tobias Anton wrote:

> Hello!
>
> First of all, i apologize for sending this mail also to your personal
> addresses, but i want to assert its arrival. Once, i posted a message
> to the mailing list, but it never arrived.
>
> I am currently making changes in KHTMLView to enable, you know what.
>
> I am planning to submit the changes via my colleague, Frank Baumgart
> today
> in the afternoon.
>
> This Code is not yet complete, but the interface should not need
> any more changes.
>
> But to continue working, i need a hint. I don't know how to visualize
> the currently activated Node.
> I tried to use the setSelection-method, but i didn't make the widget
> invert the text, not even by calling repaint().

I think this is for the selection of a text region, not for keyboard
traversal.

> Anyway, I think that this solution is far from optimum, because links
> under images could not be visualized at all. So, I would like to draw
> dotted lines around the appropriate elements, and then, the widget
> needs to be repainted.

I think drawing a border like this is a good idea. You could simply draw
the bounding box which makes things nice and easy. I would guess you'll
need to force a refresh of the specific element that is highlighted, but
I'm not sure how to trigger this. :-(

Rich.

--
     Richard Moore		rich@ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk