List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    KIO problems
From:       Dawit A <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2000-04-06 4:40:21

Hello,

I am experiencing some weird problems with KIO.  If you attempt to browse the
site "linuxtoday.com" with konqueror nothing happens at all.  To test this
problem type "linuxtoday.com" or "http://linuxtoday.com" in the active view
location bar.  You will see the gear spinning but nothing happens.  Now split
the view and see and do the same thing in the new view's location bar.  Same
thing!!  Nothing happens.  Then stop the job in this new view and press the
Home button.  Again nothing happens.  Try a new Window instead of a view (
either Window->Split Window... or File->New View ). Yep you guessed it, same
thing.  It seems that Konqy is stuck and cannot process anymore openURL
requests.  The weird thing is if you try to get this same site from the test
program the web page is successfully retrieved in its entirety and the job
completes successfully.

Additionally if you really want a real surprise do the following.  While konqy
is stuck trying to display this web page, go ahead and KILL all the kio_http slaves
and see what happens :)))

I looked at the kio_http code, but I could not find anything that would cause
this and the test program works perfectly.  can someone else please try this
out ??

Regards,
Dawit A.

P.S.  Someone else reported a similar issue in kde-devel a couple of days ago.