List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    kdeinit
From:       Simon Hausmann <shaus () helios ! med ! Uni-Magdeburg ! DE>
Date:       2000-04-05 9:33:39

Hi,

I remember that David (or was it Waldo) brought up the idea to use kdeinit
to speed up konqueror startup (when started via kfmclient) .

AFAIK David changed kfmclient to launch konqueror through klauncher
(-> kdeinit -> exec( "konqueror" ) ), right?

I did some little testing and changed Makefile.am to put all code into
libkonqueror (including main() ) and copied libkonqueror.so to
konqueror.so in my $prefix/lib . That made kdeinit dlopen konqueror.so
(instead of exec'ing konqueror) .

It might be easily possible that I got the wrong impression, but for me it
made the startup approx. 2/3 seconds faster.

Could that be possible?

Bye,
 Simon