List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: popupmenu in konqy
From:       Simon Hausmann <shaus () helios ! med ! Uni-Magdeburg ! DE>
Date:       2000-03-31 9:31:50

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, David Faure wrote:

> Sounds good ;-)
>
> Since it's already action-based, I guess what you could would be
> - define an XML for the standard popupmenu (instead of my manual plugs)
> - allow the developer to pass another XML (QDomDocument, whatever) and
> action collection to be merged into it.
>
> Re-implementing a "minimalistic merging" is perhaps too much re-inventing
> the wheel if we can use the XML-GUI merging for that, no ?

Well, I don't know if it's a bit too much overhead to use the complete
xmlgui merging :)

but OTOH it provides maximum flexibility :)

OK, so we could let the KonqPopupMenu inherit from KXMLGUIClient, provide
some standard actions (and allocate the in the constructor), connected to
the current existing internal slots. Konqueror itself can then add new
actions via the actionCollection the popupmenu exports (same for kdesky) .

This way we can let parts embedded in konqueror provide KXMLGUIClient's,
which can be added to the KXMLGUIFactory the konqpopupmenu allocates.

What's left is the question about the XML the konqpopupmenu provides.
Perhaps we should let konqy modify the QDomDocument to add new elements
for actions like "Fullscreen mode", etc. ?

What do you think? Is that too much overhead?

Ciao,
 Simon