List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Lars' problems with kio_http
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2000-03-28 5:33:21

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Graham TerMarsch wrote:
> > David Faure wrote:
> > > kio_http: Got header (21830): "Content-Type: application/octet-stream"
> > > which explains it.
> > >
> > > But... after investigation, this only happens when using "HEAD",
> > > it doesn't happen when using "GET". This is annoying, since we use
> > > "HEAD" to determine the mimetype ;-))
> > >
> > > Any HTTP expert ? What's the problem here ? The server ?
> > > Or using HEAD at all ?
>
> Please update and try again.  My fix for the redirection problem (
> check kde-devel from one/two week ago ) reported by Kurt probably
> broke this.  Let me know.  Can't test right now...

Ooops... Send this too soon :)) CVS as usual is refusing me access!!!!!! Can
someone please comment out the line that is somewhere around 1134 that has the
conditional check

if( locationStr.isEmpty() ) <==== comment this out
  mimeType(m_strMimeType);

under the member function ::readHeader() in kdelibs/kio/http/http.cc ?
If this fixes the issue ( hmmm... even if it does not!!! ) please replace the
it with:

if( locationStr.length() == 0 )
  mimeType(m_strMimeType);

This problem started being reported around the time I committed this fix to stop
mime checking when the server incorrectly sends back Content-Type information
with on redirection [302] response...

Thanks,
Dawit A.