List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: konqy listview configurability
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2000-03-20 15:54:19

aleXXX wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Mär 2000, David Faure wrote:
> > Why not doing it this way (in the submenu listing the columns) :
> >
> > - disabled menu item -> not supported
> > - unchecked menu item -> supported but hidden
> > - checked menu item -> supported and shown.
>
> because I have to open the submenu to see it.

I agree a submenu could be a pain, but why not use checkable items
inside a list box? You could even make it a tree and have a single
widget which allows you to set the viewed columns for every protocol.
If there are a large number of items then this is definitely a better
solution than a popup menu, especially on a small screen. It is also
better because you don't have to popup the menu for each individual
column you want to change.

Rich.

--
     Richard Moore		rich@ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk