List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Startup time (RE: konqy listview configurability)
From:       Michael Reiher <michael.reiher () gmx ! de>
Date:       2000-03-20 15:00:42

David Faure wrote:

> Anyway. I plan to have a deep look at startup time (and graphical feeling)
> once we freeze the features for 1.90. But if you see anything that
> could be improved, please tell. Note that using KProtocolManager::listing()
> and reading a few values from config files (which is needed in both cases)
> does not slow down anything at all - which is why I think it's a totally
> separate issue from listview's column configuration.

Yesterday a created a little test app for the K*View|Box widgets. It
consists mainly of three widgets and five buttons or something like that
and a KApplication(no KTMW). And I was really surpised about the startup
time. It takes ages(for such a little app). Donīt want to now how slow
it is on ancient 486ers. Compared to this Konqy is actually not that
bad;) What I want to say is that I think that much of the time isnīt
caused by Konqy but by KApplication.

Michael

--
Michael Reiher
     Student at Dresden University of Technology

"Beware the woods at night, beware the lunar light!"