List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: statusline/subview-titlebar idea
From:       Michael Reiher <michael.reiher () gmx ! de>
Date:       2000-03-01 14:58:33

aleXXX wrote:

> On Mit, 01 Mär 2000, Michael Reiher wrote:
> >
> > Really, thats a great idea! And it would make it visually different from
> > traditional MDI, so users won´t want to do things one can do with MDI
> > windows. And perhaps replace the titlebar(I mean the look here) by a
> > simple LED as text over a pixmap can be hard to recognize.
>
> Sorry, don't understand exactly what you mean (seams to me a strange sentence
> "satzbau").
Hmm, true:) Second try:
The problem is that users might think Konqy is an MDI application, if
they see a titlebar at the top edge of a sub window. And thus perhaps
want to do things you can do with MDI Apps but not with Konqy. Such as
minimizing, floating... If there isn´t a titlebar people won´t even get
the idea it couldbe MDI, hence not miss anything:) So I suggested to
remove the titlebar and put a statusbar below each window and init an
LED to show active/inactive state.

> I thought maybe instead the titlebar a (lightgrey) bar at the bottom
> (statusbar) with a small checkbox, which is lightgreen or shiny red when the
> view is active (like the one in the b2k theme, I think), lightgrey otherwise.
I guess I meant more or less the same as you. Just replace my LED with
your checkbox, or?

> > But what about those buttons like Passive View and perhaps Close or Show
> > Meatinfo? Can we put them in a statusbar like thing? Strange somehow.
> Yes, but we could call it "innovation".
Hehe:)

Greets

Michael

--
Michael Reiher
     Student at Dresden University of Technology

"Beware the woods at night, beware the lunar light!"