List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    hello all
From:       aleXXX <alexander.neundorf () rz ! tu-ilmenau ! de>
Date:       2000-02-29 10:44:07

Hi,

ehhm, I subscribed. ;-)

> Ah - that would be different then.
> "Unsplit", or so.
> I guess it's mainly the naming that I didn't like - since
> C is a sibling of A, in terms of promiscuity.
>
> Anyway I think this would be made a lot simpler by having
> a "close view" button in the view titlebar...
> Click->close is much more intuitive than unsplit,
> since unsplit depends on the way you've split the views
>
> Example:
>
> A B
> C D
>
> If you unsplit on C, will it close D or A ?
> You have no way to know.
> The "siblings" of C could be A (if you first made two vertical views)
> or D (if you first made two horizontal views)...

I can't check right now, but as I remember it is visible.

In one case it looks like

---- | ----

in the other case it looks like

-----------

> > Yes, personally I don't like it.
> > You have to point exactly to the part where you can drag,
> > click, hold the button down, drag and suddenly after a not predictable
> (except from
> > experience) distance it becomes an own window.
> > I personally use it only for rearranging the bars in konqy
> > (location at the bottom, tools at the left) and to show people "See what I
> can do".
>
> Point taken.
> But people don't like the current view frames either.
> Don't know what to do.

I think with a close-button added people would like them much more. :-)
And I don't oppose to make them draggable out, but I would also like a way to
do it via keyboard.

Bye
Alex
--
If they say it's necessary to be disciplined and trained
To transform their new ideas into history and pain