On Fri, Dec 17, 1999 at 03:18:20PM -0500, Dawit Alemayehu wrote: > On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Cameron Newham wrote: > > Package: KFM (file manager) > > Version: the version supplied with RedHat Linux 6.1 > > (sorry - don't have KDE here to check). > > > > I find it very hard to figure out how to associate an application with > > a file type. Indeed, even after reading the manual for KFM I can't work > > it out. The manual is just confusing (eg: where it talks about loading > > in a new application and talks about seeing what ones are available by > > pressing the "right mouse button" - where?! In KFM? In the desktop?). > > > > That aside - it's too hard. I want KFM to do the same as Windows Explorer - > > when displaying the browse dialogue after clicking on a file type I > > want to see a checkbox saying "always open this type with this application?". > > I don't want to understand MIME. I don't want to understand how to get KFM > > to recognise applications. I don't want to understand .kdelnk files. > > > > I just want the Winblows way of doing it (quick and simple). > > > > thanks, > > Good point, but it has already been addressed in kfm's predecessor, konqueror :) > You mean "successor", not "predecessor" :-) -- David FAURE david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org http://home.clara.net/faure/ KDE, Making The Future of Computing Available Today