Hi, I would suggest to do some sort of trick (which Netscape on Windows does), is that before it crashes/seg. faults/core dumps - it pops up this bug report issue and (optionally) sends also the core file comrpessed... Just a small idea.. Hetz David Faure wrote: > > Something we wanted to do for a very long time : a user interface > for sending bug reports. Following to the french team asking me > my ideas about it, I decided to write such a thing : a dialog box > to enter the bug report and send the mail. > It's committed in kdenonbeta/kbugreport for now. > > Features : appname(auto), version(not yet auto), severity, subject, text, > "From" field using kcmemail settings, button to launch kcmemail. > It uses sendmail, with 'mail' as a fallback. > > It's designed to be part of libkdeui after Krash, unless anybody objects > of course. > > As to how to call that dialog box : I didn't see how to do that from > the about box (which contains HTML links and already enough buttons...) > so I'm thinking rather of adding a new menu item in KHelpMenu : "Report Bug..." > > I'm also about to add it in konqueror for now. This will allow > real-world testing of the bug-report dialog, before moving it to libkdeui. > > Any objections ? Comments ? > > PS : you can test kdenonbeta/kbugreport, it sends the mail to me > (not to bugs.kde.org), so don't hesitate ! > The version in konqueror will be the same but sending the mail to > the real buglist, in order to archive konqueror bugs :-) > > -- > David FAURE > david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org > http://home.clara.net/faure/ > KDE, Making The Future of Computing Available Today