List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    RE: A litte konqueror wish.
From:       Espen Sand <espen.sand () neo ! no>
Date:       1999-12-07 12:34:00

On tir, 07 des 1999, David Faure wrote:
>> When konqueror is in file mode, would it be possible to bind the
>> Backspace key to make the fileview jump to the parent directory
>> when pressed? This is something use am very used to in
>> NT (*). Normally I would hide the filebar+toolbar+status+line
>> + treelist
>> and just display the icons to save space. The Backspace feature
>> would be very handy in this situation.
>
>What's wrong with Alt+Up ?

Nothing :-) I was not aware of that one. Is this accelerator printed in the
menus? In that case I have somehow missed it. Sometimes I can be quite
blind.

>Up means : go up.
>MS's use of Backspace doesn't really make sense to me.
>Backspace deletes a char on the left, usually.

Personally I just want to be able to do this from the keyboard. How I do
it really not so important for me as long as it is simple to remember.

--
Espen Sand