On my system a vfat is mounted by root, and write only for root. I never figured out how vfat partitions get there permissions, but it can be that the user does not have any read rights there. In kde 1.1 and 2.0 I have no problems READing from these partitions, WRITING however has to be done by root. > Hi, > > I can't reproduce this, obviously. > > Does it do that on ANY vfat partition ? > > Does the animated wheel keep spinning and nothing happens, > or does the window disappear (crash) ? > > The statusbar doesn't show "I'm working", there is no such message. > What does it show exactly ? > > -- > David Faure > faure@kde.org - KDE developer > david@mandrakesoft.com - Mandrake > david.faure@cramersystems.com - Cramer Systems > > -- Thomas Zander zander@microweb.nl Today, it's understood that of course you'll use a computer, because it makes other people's lives easier -- or, more icq: 970 00 05 accurately, it enables them to maintain their manic pace. gpg-key: 0588D5