List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Bug#125: Not really a bug (Re: filling in the properties of a device)
From:       "David Faure" <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-11-30 13:57:01

> When filling in the properties of a device (via the Device
> template) as a non-root user, the full name under General,
> the Mount Point under Device, and the Filesystems entry
> under Device are all grayed out.  That is inappropriate and
> incorrect when /etc/fstab contains user-mountable devices
> with all permissions turned on.

One of the oldest kfm bugs that was still alive :-)

/etc/fstab lists the mount point and file system for each device.
Users are usually allowed to mount devices (when "user" is set), but not
to change the mount point.

I've improved the dialog box in konqueror (KDE-1.89) but the mechanism
remains :
you select a line from fstab, and that gives you the mount point, which you
can't change if you're not root.
Is that correct ?

(I know that there is usermount, but kfm/konqueror can't detect and support
it automatically.
 With automounters this is not needed anymore anyway.)

--
David Faure
faure@kde.org - KDE developer