Hi Scott, sure you can help. There are many points in khtml/konqueror, where work needs to be done. Most of our discussions take place at the kfm-devel@kde.org mailing list. You can have a look at the recent topics at http://lists.kde.org khtml is going to get a bit restructured in a few weeks, so its perhaps not too easy to start working there directly at the moment. The main points you could work on: * The javascript engine needs some work, mainly on the bindings to the Document Object Model and to khtml. Harri Porten is the person working on that. * In khtml, we will need people helping as soon as Antti and I did the switch to CSS based rendering (see my recent post on kfm-devel). It will be mainly on implementing first the CSS1 and then later on the CSS2 features. * If you want, there's also work that needs to be done on the DOM Level 2 support. At the moment, we have only DOM Level 1 support at the moment, with the StyleSheets part of Level 2 (See www.w3c.org/DOM for more info on DOM) * In the future, some work on XML support will need to be done. * There's the new kparts (our model for dynamically embedding different viewers/komponents) into konqueror or other applications, which might ned some work. Simon and David are the persons working on that. * You can always write some viewing engines (parts) for some mimetypes which are up to now not displayable. * Ahh... and one thing I forgot, which might be very important if someone could have a look at: If it would be possible to write an interface for netscape plugins to make them work with konqueror. Now this is quite a long ToDo list, and as you see, there's plenty of things that need to be done. If you want to help, get the actual version of KDE-2, and have a look at the konqueror and khtml code. For the beginning, doing some bugfixing is quite a good way to get to know the program. You can always ask on kfm-devel if you run into problems. Cheers, Lars PS: I send a copy of this mail to kfm-devel. On Sun, 28 Nov 1999, you wrote: > Is there any way I could help with this project? > > I can't find any information from the www.kde.org site. > > Respectfully, > > Scott Tracey > streez@netzero.net