List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Cookies Anyone :)
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-11-15 3:40:54

On Sun, 14 Nov 1999, Lars Knoll wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, David Faure wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Nov 14, 1999 at 07:09:04PM -0500, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > I wanted to port the cookie jar to konqueror.
> > Great !
> >
> > > However, I am not sure where to
> > > put the darn thing.  Any suggestions ?  Is kdebase/konqueror/htmlview the
> > > appropriate place for it ?
> > I think so.
> > One wants cookies in its web browser, not in apps wanting network transparency (libkio)
> > or an HTML widget for displaying mail (libkhtml).
> > konqueror/htmlview seems the right place to me.
> >
> > >  This assumes that the html slave the only one that
> > > requires cookie support.  Or should it be added to kio ?  Anyway some support
> > > has to be added to kio_job to accommodate this as well.
> > Yes. Alex had ideas on that, IIRC ?
> >
> > > For some reason that was left out when kio got ported over from KDE 1.1.x.
> > Yes. The reason is : kio author (Torben) != cookiejar author (Waldo)  :-)
>
> talking about kio_http. I was wondering how to do http post requests with
> kio. I couldn't find anything about that in the kio docs. Could somebody
> enlighten me, since I need it for forms.

You need to do a "put (...)" instead of a "get(...)" to perform POST or an ftp
PUT action to the server.  There is a nice documentation by Kurt on how to uses
the KIOJob.  Instead of me copying and pasting that info here. Here is the url

http://home.sprintmail.com/~granroth/doc/Using-IOSlaves.html

Look at the code example for the "put(...)" function.

Regards,
Dawit A.