List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    WebDAV for konqueror
From:       Ward K Harold <wkh () mindspring ! com>
Date:       1999-11-08 20:44:24

I'm interested in adding WebDAV support to konqueror. What's WebDAV? It's an
extension to HTTP that provides support for properties, locking, and
namespaces; it's goal is to make the Web a "writeable, collaborative medium".
If you're familiar with the "WebFolders" in Windows NT Explorer WebDAV is
what's behind that functionality. I see no reason why KDE shouldn't have a
similar capability.

Anyway, I'm new to KDE development and am looking for pointers to the HTTP
protocol handling code and the konqueror code that invokes it. WebDAV adds
several new methods to HTTP so I'll have to figure out how to wire them in to
the request generator as well as how to make konqueror trigger the appropriate
methods. Any pointers/direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks ... WkH