List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    RE: internet keywords control panel
From:       Yves Arrouye <yves () realnames ! com>
Date:       1999-11-03 1:55:12

> kcmkonq.IMHO
> konq_searcher is a
> plugin,
> putting that in
> the
> > > I agree.
> >
> > Any pointer to get me started there to write this kcm?
>
> Sure, there are plenty around.
> They're all in kdebase/kcontrol/
>
> I think you should create new one (new dir, new Makefile.am,
> new main.cpp,
> and another file for the only page of the dialog.
> Look in other control modules which page looks most like the one
> you want to do, for instance in terms of layout.

Ok, I started that. I actually already have a UI which I wrote for my 1.1.2
patch. I just need to port it to 2.0 and then retrofit support for Simon's
konq_searcher's prefixes. I don't plan to separate IKWs and konq_searcher
functionality at that time, since konq_searcher's search engines are used by
IKW's fallback to search behavior. So for now, IKWs and search are in the
same module/plugin.

I'm planning on putting documentation too, but can't honestly call what I'll
come up with a "handbook." Does KDE have a name for such a small
documentation (whose purpose is just to provide help on the dialog)?

Yves.