List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: bar
From:       Simon Hausmann <shaus () helios ! Med ! Uni-Magdeburg ! DE>
Date:       1999-11-02 13:16:43

On Sun, 31 Oct 1999, Thomas Zander wrote:

> When I look at a dir I see a bar with a checkbox (just below the location bar)
> What is that??

Konqueror is capable to handle multiple views (inside your mainview) .
Only one of those views can be active at a time. This bar (the view-frame)
fulfills the purpose of indicating about the current active view.

> Why does it add a couple of buttons everytime I click it in an "included mode"
> (I click the bar not the checkbox) for instance when I read some text in konqueror? (probably a bug)

If it adds these "couple of buttons" to the toolbar, continously, then
you should update your kdelibs. I fixed this bug last weekend. (it was a
bug in kaction, in the ::unplug() methods, where the action container was
not removed properly) .

> Is it possible to click a picture and show that picture in another window?

If you have kview compiled/installed, then clicking on an image will embed
kview into Konqueror and display the image inline. You can also launch
kview in a separate window by activating kview via the popupmenu, when
clicking on the image icon in the iconview with the right mouse button.

Bye
 Simon