List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    RE: internet keywords - great!
From:       Yves Arrouye <yves () realnames ! com>
Date:       1999-11-02 0:39:40

> Gosh, I'm truly impressed by the internet keyword feature! :-)
>
> I was really surprised to immediately get fwd'ed to
> ww.kde.org by simply
> tying "KDE" in the location bar!

Thanks Simon. Isn't that a nice feature? The bad part is when the name isn't
there, because you get used to go everywhere you want from the command-line.

Now I really need to get working on having a consensus for making the ugly
URL disappear when you type something, so you only see "KDE" and then
"http://www.kde.org/" I'll prototype it first...

As far as a UI to configure all that, I plan to add myself to the Konqueror
kcontrol module. Would that be okay? How will this relate to the fact that
konq_searcher is a plugin and may not be loaded? Is there a way to know that
konq_searcher has been disabled (potentially from a new UI for "Configure
Plugins..."?) Do you still have plans to design a generic way to let konq
plugins hook themselves in kcontrol?

Yves

PS: BTW Simon, you wouldn't happen to know how to make koffice compile (if
koffice is the right project now, not canossa)? I have a lot of problems
with RTTI info not being in .o and wonder if you've seen that.