On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Michael Reiher wrote: > Simon Hausmann wrote: > > > > Hmm, wait, Dawit, I like your idea very much, this could eventually be a > > very smart solution for the view-follows-view issue in general: > > Why not have a sort of checkbox in the view-frame. When it is activated > > (checked), the view becomes a passive view. > > > > There can be multiple passive views, but only one active view (the active > > view is selected by the user via clicking on the view-frame, as it is > > indicated by the different color of the frame) . > But the active view would also have to be static, no?(see below) static? no, the user decides about the active view by clicking on the view-frame. > > > > When opening an URL in a passive view (not matter what kind of view), the > > mainview automatically redirects the URL to the active view (as there can > > be only one) . > aeh?? But that would mean that you have to click on the passive view, > which would turn it into an active view at the same time? Did you mean > it how you wrote it? No, if you click on a passive view, then it does not get activated. Sure it gets activated from the OpenParts's point of view, but not from the mainview's part. m_currentView still points to the view with the highlighted view-frame. > And btw the redirection would have to work in both directions, as well. In both directions? Do we need that? I mean this would be difficult to implement.. :-) Ciao, Simon