List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    RE: Configurable treeview in konqueror
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () CRAMER ! CO ! UK>
Date:       1999-09-13 7:51:59

> IMHO there is an issue with the by-hand configurability of
> the rc file.
> Of course, this has no importance if a GUI config applet is
> built (I mean,
> no importance if this or the following proposal are used:

The goal is of course to have a GUI for it, one way or another.
But defining how it looks like in the rc file also defines what's
configurable, so the GUI will be deduced from that.

> [TreeView]
> Elements=one,two,mine,my_sisters,all
> one=My Computer/My Archives,/home/ctibirna/archives
> two=My Computer/My Thesaurus,$HOME/thesaurus
> mine=My Computer/Home, $HOME
> my_sisters=My Computer/That Bad
> Sister,ftp://chris@sissy.myhome.net/~chris
> all=My Computer/Root, file:/
If you prefer, but I don't really see a difference
(except that the additionnal name for each element
won't exist in the GUI at all, so what will konqy put there ?)

--
David Faure
faure@kde.org - KDE developer