List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    RE: konqueror
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () gch ! ulaval ! ca>
Date:       1999-09-01 22:21:20

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, David Faure wrote:

> > > I have no problems with konqueror.
> > > Can you give some more infos where it crashs ?
> > >

> > As I said, I can't debug it. At all (unless I become crazy and start
> > stuffing konqueror with printf's).
> No, better upgrade to gdb at-least-4.18.
>
> > It segfaults at startup. And I use the latest CVS.
> Might be a kded/libkded problem. Did you try killing the running
> kded and removing its IOR from the root property ?

This starts to be a big (pride) image problem. I don't want to be mean or
sound stupid, but needing to kill kded and deleting its IOR sounds a lot
like ms registry. I am absolutely agreeing we can do it while in
development. But are the issues of this need known? Will the bugs causing
this be removable?

Thanks

Cristian