List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: how to configure view-follows-view ?
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-08-20 12:55:48

Well, I like the imagination of linking *two* views, one is
source view (master) and one is destination view (slave) . Having multiple
destination views (multiple slaves) is nonsense IMHO. However I find it
very useable to have multiple links. (for example that one view "in the
middle" is slave and master at the same time)

IMHO it makes only sense to link views which are really *next* to each
other.

So when clicking on a link in a view and I see that there's a small arrow
in the titlebar, then I know: The arrow points to the view
left/right/above/below, and I therefore look at this view, because this is
where the new information is going to be displayed (the direction of the
arrow was the major hint) .

When having a view set with multiple slaves then I'd find it rather
strange to click on a link and then start searching in the view-frames for
the slave symbol.

I personally would prefer an arrow, which contains two informations in one
symbol: It indicates that all open-url-requests get redirected, and it
points me very fast to the view which is going to handle the url requests.

In addition by using arrows we can have multiple links without confusion
IMHO.

I admit that there are restrictions with this model, thought.

Ciao,
 Simon