List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: how to configure view-follows-view ?
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () suse ! de>
Date:       1999-08-20 6:59:30

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, Michael Reiher wrote:

> Well, my idea was(as I already told you) to give every view a state,
> this can be either Master, Slave or None. We restrict it to one Master.
> Otherwise it would be too confusing. But we can have several Slaves. All
> views configured as Slave follow the view configured as Master. Views
> with the state None are neutral. Slaves can further be switched in BiDir
> mode. When in BiDir mode an URL opened in the Slave is opened in the
> Master as well. This way views can follow each other, like old kfm did
> when tree-follows-view was enabled. When a Slave is not in BiDir mode
> selecting URLs in it has no effect on the Master.
> So we would only need two buttons/icons in the FrameHeader:
> Master/Slave/None and BiDir On/Off. No need for DnD.
>
> Comments?

Do we need BiDir? Can't we just have multiple masters? A Master emits
his URLs to all other Masters & Slaves and listens to incoming URLs. A
Slave only listens to incoming requests and never emits requests. And
'None' does not listen to requests and does not emit requests.

We only need two icons for Master & Slave. I'll ask my personal icon
team for this >:-)

Cheers,
Waldo