(as Coolo said some mails are lost, I'm resending this one) ---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 23:45:12 +0200 (MEST) From: Simon Hausmann To: kfm-devel@kde.org Subject: kio_ftp: .part stuff Hi friends, While playing around with kio_ftp a little I noticed that uploads are kind of broken when you have write-permission but you're unable to rename files. I like the partial-download stuff a lot, but I feel like it's not really useable when renaming the file after the upload is complete fails. So I wonder: Is there a reliable way to determine whether renaming is possible at all? Or perhaps we should disable partial uploads for anonymous transfers for example? Opinions? Suggestions? Solutions? :-) Ciao, Simon