List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    konqueror: view profiles
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-08-12 9:44:55

Hi,

It seems the view profile stuff works stable now, but I'm absolutely
"unhappy" with the way this feature is presented to the user. I admit that
when I implemented it, I wanted to get it working before dealing with GUI
stuff to make it really comfortable. That's why we have currently these
ugly two menu entries in the Option Menu ;-)

I once discussed this with Michael Reiher, but I'm not sure (read: forgot
;) what the outcome of the discussion was.

So I wonder: Does anyone of the GUI design experts ( != me ) have a
nice/good idea how to present this feature to the user?

I feel like a special dialog is "overkill" as I guess the user doesn't
want to spend his time configuring profiles, and I think dialogs break the
"work-flow" ;-)

I'd like an integration in the menus, but I'm not sure how to implement
"Delete Profile" nicely then...

Perhaps this stuff is worth an extra toolbar? (not sure about this, as the
space is already limited I feel :-)

Should we merge (read: put next together in the
menus/toolbar/whereever) the load/select/delete-profile functionality with
split view, etc ?

I'm a little bit clueless and need advice from the GUI experts :-)
(as I personally like this feature a lot)

Ciao,
 Simon