List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    kioslave trouble
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-08-09 12:06:57

Hi,

Try this in Konqueror:
- enter a directory
- delete a file (via Edit->Delete or the popup menu, doesn't matter - as
  long as the file gets deleted via KIOJob::del() in the same process)

-> the iconview completely clears

Originally this used to work - the icon of the deleted file simply
disappeared.

Now I digged a little bit into the sources but I couldn'f find anything
wrong in there. However I noticed the following:

slotListDir() in kio_file doesn't list the complete directory in the
above described case.

slotUpdateListEntry() in KDirLister doesn't get called (thus all items get
removed -> empty iconview)

It works perfectly if we don't re-use kio_file, meaning we don't cache the
salve. (setting m_bCacheToPool false)

I'm 100% clueless. (especially since after doing this, the whole iconview
stuff is broken then -> entering a directory creates garbage -> after a
reload it works -> but for the next dir change it's broken again)

Ciao,
 Simon