List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: dnd - popupmenu
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-08-08 14:59:24

On Sat, 7 Aug 1999, Dirk A. Mueller wrote:

> Dawit Alemayehu <adawit@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > Mime-type binding has some limitations.  For example, what if you want
> > an option "Terminal Here" when you use the RMB on a directory folder ?
>
> I don't know for sure but I guess directories have a special
> mimetype in Konqy ?

Yes, "inode/directory" :-)

> > Along the same line you can do other actions such as Copy To ->
> > Floppy or Copy To -> Location...
>
> You want something like winblows "Send to" feature. Again something
> that shouldn't be stored in every individual .desktop file, right?

*agree*

> > without having to hard code them into your sources.   This is the
> > intention of this extension. Right Simon ?
>
> Yes, but he wants/wanted to store the information in a .desktop file.

Yes. But I also though of providing servicetype dependand menu entries.
The .desktop file specific stuff works already, Torben implemented it :-)
(and it works cool!)

> > IIRC, either group can have their own specific extension by prefixing
> > them with X- before each of the entries.  This is/was as much as I can
> > recall.
>
> We must not break our own standard UNLESS we have VERY good
> reason to do so.

As the stuff is in a separated group I guess it's no problem to leave
out the X-KDE prefix, but I might be wrong.

However I send a mail to the gnome-kde list, hoping to start a discussion
- no reply yet though :-(

Greetings,
 Simon