List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: dnd - popupmenu
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-08-06 13:13:38

On Fri, 06 Aug 1999, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sth. I always liked when dnd'ing with kfm was the appearing popupmenu when
> finishing a dnd action (the menu with "Link", "Copy", "Abort" ) .
>
> Any objections against having this in KonqPopupMenu aswell?

IMHO this is/was a very good feature and should be kept in konqy as well.  In
fact it was much easier for me to do dnd in kfm than it was/is in Windows.

> Another feature I'd like is a way to enhance the KonqPopupMenu via a
> .desktop file. So if the users clicks on blah.desktop , the menu gets
> hadditional entries, as specified in the blah.desktop:
>
> [PopupMenu]
> MenuItem=Do This Action, yuppieduh %u
> SubMenu=MySpecialSubmenu
>
> [Menu::MySpecialSubmenu]
> MenuItem=Blah, foo %f
> MenuItem=Edit, kedit -secret_option %f
>
> etc.
> Opinions? Objections against implementing it?

This would be great.  Giving people the ability to extend the popup menu is the
RIGHT THING.  There was no way to do this in kfm unless you modified the source
code.  I had suggested this a while back, but since I have yet to move to KDE
2, I have not done any hacking on konqy yet.  I hope to change this soon.

Regards,
Dawit A.