List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Already Fixed Bugs
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-07-27 16:35:58

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> >
> > Hello,

> > > What is this patch supposed to fix?
> >
> > This fixes bug#1556 ( http://bugs.kde.org/db/15/1556.html ).  The same bug was
> > was subject of a previous discussion and was originally reported as
> > bug#1472.  Here is a link to that thread (http://lists.kde.org/?t=93031866600001&w=2&d=1&r=1).
> > The best way to see the bug is to browse the above link.  In that page you will
> > see lots of links with missing images.  This is caused by the above bug.
> > Basically the patch ONLY fixes KURL's inability to understand URL's that have
> > no protocol part ( http, ftp etc ).  Nothing more nothing less.
>
> The problem seems to be that KURL is based on RFC1738 and doesn't know
> about RFC1808 or RFC2396.

Right.  I could have expressed all my blah-blah-blah comments with
one statement.  It does not completely comply with RFC 1808 section 4 and
section 5 of RFC 2396.  I chose the longer route because I did not know how many
folks read these RFC's. :)

> We should fix KURL to be fully compliant with these RFCs.
Right again.  BTW, RFC 2396 simply merges parts RFC 1738 &
RFC 1808.

'll fix this in the HEAD branch next week.

Regards,
Dawit A.