List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: view "follows" (tree)view
From:       tcernaj () t-online ! de (Tomas Cernaj)
Date:       1999-06-29 23:03:22

Simon Hausmann wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote:

[snip]

> WOW!! Well done, Waldo!!! This is impressive! I can only agree. :-)
>
> What do the others think?

Excellent ideas!!

> What's left is:
>
> 1) How to "define" view profiles? using KConfig (possible?)?
>
> 2) Seems we need a small view-profile-editor widget, or?

I think what Michael wrote is the best solution (let the user modify his
views and then save the current state as a profile) --> no need for
special editor.

> 3) How to let the user choose a view profile?
>    I like your idea of a toolbar-button, so we might have a dnd'able
>    toolbar-button (so that the user can dnd a profile-file from anywhere).
>    And when the user clicks on the button (perhaps with a delay) , it
>    could transform into a popup-menu for the quick-n-easy profile
>    selection, with all installed profiles (and a dragged profile could be
>    copied into .../share/config/konqueror/vprofiles/ then)

I had the idea that there could be a small button (or some anchor or
chain symbol) in the parent's window that the user could click and drag
into the window he wants to be the child (some kind of "Hey, put my
selections into that window!" :) Perhaps dragging with the right mouse
button could open a context menu where some specific options for this
view connection could be selected, while the left button would
automatically choose the default type.

> Ciao,
>   Simon (really impressed by Waldo's view-profile ideas :-)

Same as me...
cu, Tomas