List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: view "follows" (tree)view
From:       Matthias Welk <welk () fokus ! gmd ! de>
Date:       1999-06-30 8:48:57

David Faure wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 29, 1999 at 06:51:12PM +0200, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> > WOW!! Well done, Waldo!!! This is impressive! I can only agree. :-)
> >
> > What do the others think?
> Exactly the same.
> Well done Waldo. This is an excellent solution.
>
> > What's left is:
> >
> > 1) How to "define" view profiles? using KConfig (possible?)?
> KConfig : sure ;)
>
> The loading and saving of the profiles could even be used for
> session management...
>
> > 2) Seems we need a small view-profile-editor widget, or?
>
> Well, we could have an advanced view submenu (with add, remove, split ....)
> and a save-profile option in that menu.

Or we let the user decide in the konqi configuration which type he wants
(simple vs. advanced). Depending on this type the view menu shows/hides the
add, split, remove ... entries.

> > 3) How to let the user choose a view profile?
> >    I like your idea of a toolbar-button, so we might have a dnd'able
> >    toolbar-button (so that the user can dnd a profile-file from anywhere).
> >    And when the user clicks on the button (perhaps with a delay) , it
> >    could transform into a popup-menu for the quick-n-easy profile
> >    selection, with all installed profiles (and a dragged profile could be
> >    copied into .../share/config/konqueror/vprofiles/ then)
>
> The most basic approach is to list the profiles in the view menu, isn't it ?

But imagine you have 10 or 15 profiles then the view menu gets very long.
How about showing the 5 last recently used profiles ?
Initially there could be default entries and others may be reached via a
dialog.

Greetings, Matthias.

From: Matthias Welk                   voice: +49-30-3463-7272
      GMD Fokus                       fax  : +49-30-3463-8272
      Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 31       email: welk@fokus.gmd.de
      10589 Berlin