List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: view "follows" (tree)view
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-06-29 21:35:19

On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, David Faure wrote:

> > 1) How to "define" view profiles? using KConfig (possible?)?
> KConfig : sure ;)

Ok :)

> The loading and saving of the profiles could even be used for
> session management...

Ah, yes. Well, the session management is something that gives me real
headaches. It's just that this is problematic together with the fact that
Konqueror is CORBA server and User-App at the same time, and this might
become hairy with KOMShutdownManager. But I'll post about this tomorrow or
somewhen later.

> > 2) Seems we need a small view-profile-editor widget, or?
>
> Well, we could have an advanced view submenu (with add, remove, split ....)
> and a save-profile option in that menu.
>
> > 3) How to let the user choose a view profile?
> >    I like your idea of a toolbar-button, so we might have a dnd'able
> >    toolbar-button (so that the user can dnd a profile-file from anywhere).
> >    And when the user clicks on the button (perhaps with a delay) , it
> >    could transform into a popup-menu for the quick-n-easy profile
> >    selection, with all installed profiles (and a dragged profile could be
> >    copied into .../share/config/konqueror/vprofiles/ then)
>
> The most basic approach is to list the profiles in the view menu, isn't it ?

Hmm, oh, yes, that's in fact easier. Let's got this way.

Greetings,
 Simon