List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: javascript and konqy?
From:       Matt Koss <koss () napri ! sk>
Date:       1999-06-11 15:54:53

On Pi, 11 jún 1999, Alex Zepeda wrote:
>On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote:
>
>> It's not the JS class that is the problem it is the interfacing with
>> the rest of your program that is a problem. If you want to use JS to
>> lookup the proxy configuration, you will need to have access to JS at
>> that point in the code where you need the proxy configuration. If I am
>> correct that would be in the http io_slave.
>
>The ioslave doesn't necesarily store the configuration, and specifically I
>think the proxy configuration can be reached with KProtocolManager.
>Well, I'm planning to extend this tidbit so that proxies can be specified
>for any protocol.

That's needed, of course.
I have only put some options quickly into KProtocolManager for ftp and http
proxy.

BTW, will anybody take a look into ftp-proxy slave ?
Some code is there in kioslave/ftp, but I am really not an expert on this.
In KDE 1.1, ftp-proxy protocol is a subclass of http protocol.
I don't think that we could use a same approach now, or could we ?

  Regards

		Matt

--
Matej Koss	e-mail: koss@napri.sk